Independence Day road closures
In an attempt to beat crime and congestion, while also help with crowd control, on July 4th, the CHP will be closing a number of roads along the shoreline beginning at 7 p.m. on Independence Day.
The closures encompass:
- 7th Avenue at Brommer Street;
- 7th Avenue at Eaton Street
- 7th Avenue at East Cliff Drive;
- Eaton Street at Lake Avenue;
- East Cliff Drive at Prospect Street;
- East Cliff Drive at 14th Avenue;
- 17th Avenue at East Cliff Drive; and
- Beach Drive at Rio Del Mar Esplanade
Additionally, Soquel Drive will close between Trout Gulch Road and State Park Drive from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for the Aptos Parade.
People who wish to access neighborhoods affected by the closures will have to show their driver's license to prove residence or otherwise show they have a legitimate purpose in the area.