Night work scheduled on Central Coast bridges
Caltrans has $600,000 in night work planned for bridges in Santa Cruz and Monterey counties. Starting Wednesday, April 9, deck seal projects will be performed on highways 1 and 129.
American Civil Constructors West Coast, Inc. of Benicia, has been awarded the contract, which aims to protect the deck of each bridge. The project is to wrap up around mid-summer.
The work begins in Monterey County and works its way up to Santa Cruz County. Here are the locations:
Santa Cruz County
- Highway 68 at the Fairground Road overcrossing, Monterey;
- Southbound Highway at the Munras Avenue undercrossing, Monterey;
- Northbound Highway 1 at the onramp to Fremont Street overcrossing, Monterey;
- Southbound Highway 1 at the Casa Verde Avenue undercrossing, Monterey;
- Southbound Highway 1 at South Marina Overhead, Marina;
- Southbound 1 at Lapis Spur Overhead near Marina/Castroville; and
- southbound Highway 1 at the Pajaro River near Watsonville.
- Route 129 at Highway 1 separation, Watsonville;
- Southbound Highway 1 at the Beach Road undercrossing, Watsonville;
- Both directions of Highway 1 at Struve Slough near Watsonville;
- Southbound Highway 1 at the Larkin Valley Road undercrossing near Aptos;
- Both directions of Highway 1 at the Bay Avenue undercrossing near Soquel/Capitola; and
- Both directions of Highway at Soquel Creek, Capitola.
For the most part, overnight road work hours will occur 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sundays through Friday morning. The Highway 68 work will include a daytime lane closure from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. while the work at highways 1 and 129 will have one way traffic controls in effect. Delays of up to 15 minutes may result. Electronic Message Boards will be used to alert motorists to the work.
Motorists are reminded to move over and slow down when driving through highway construction zones. It's the law.
Learn more about this and other projects call Caltrans District 5 at 1-877-448-6771 or visit http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/paffairs/release.htm#mon