Questions answered from the DMV

Every now and then, Street Smarts receives transportation information from the DMV. Below are some topics consumers ask the agency about frequently: Error in personalized license plates -- If you ordered personalized license plates and realized you forgot a character, you may not fix it yourself with a marker or other implement. "It's against the law to tamper with or obscure any portion of a California license plate according to California Vehicle Code Section 5201," according to Ask DMV. For information, visit HOV lane approved vehicles -- Learn which hybrid and electric vehicles that qualify for Green and White Clean Air Vehicle decals -- and free use of carpool lanes -- by visiting the California Air Resources webpage at Lost license plate -- To replace, complete an Application for Replacement Plates Stickers Documents, form REG 156. Make an appointment online or call 1-800-777-0133. Once at the field office, turn in the completed form along with the $19 fee. Also show the agent your remaining plate and current registration card. Pedestrian safety -- The DMV takes pedestrian safety seriously. Pedestrian deaths make up about 19 percent of all traffic fatalities and they are on the rise, as older adults and children have a higher likelihood of being injured or killed when traveling by foot, wheelchair or stroller. Learn more about pedestrian safety and awareness at
This entry was posted in Ask the DMV, California Driver Handbook, pedestrian education, pedestrian safety, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply