Reporting loved ones who probably should not be driving the DMV

If you are worried about the driving capabilities of a senior loved one, there is help. You can try consulting with a senior driver Ombudsman who may want to chat with or write a letter to the driver you are concerned about or you can ask that the DMV review the person's driving qualifications. For information about the senior Ombudsman, visit To get the DMV involved, complete form DS699 or write a letter to your local Driver Safety office to identify the driver you want to report and give your reason(s) for making the report. If you are concerned about straining your relationship with the person whose driving skills give you pause, you can request that the DMV keep your name confidential.
This entry was posted in DMV, driver education, driver license, Driver safety, Senior drivers, seniors, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply