Visitors to California can apply for traveler’s disabled placard

Visitors to California who use disabled parking placards can apply for a Travel Parking Placard, reports Ask George, the DMV's weekly transportation column. While out of state placards are legal here, the free travel placard can provide some sense of security in knowing its benefits will be honored. To apply, visit and print out an Application for Disabled Person Placard or Plates -- Form REG. 195 -- and have it completed by your physician. To save time, use the website to make an appointment, preferably around the time of your arrival. When you go to your appointment, take your completed travel placard application with you.
This entry was posted in Ask George, disabled drivers, disabled parking, disabled placards, DMV, driver education, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply