Replacing clean air vehicle stickers

Drivers of clean emissions vehicles, such as hybrids, may be eligible to receive replacement clean air vehicle stickers should the car be totaled in a crash. The stickers allow solo drivers to use carpool lanes during commute hours. A law that went into effect in January of 2009 allows the original owners of qualifying hybrids acquired to replace one that had been declared a total loss to apply for a replacement sticker. The Application for Clean Air Vehicle Stickers (REG 1000) can be filled out online, printed out and mailed to the address on the top of the form along with the $8 application fee. The vehicle must have a permanent license plate assigned to it before a replacement sticker can be issued. You can also use this form to replace stickers that have been lost or stolen. Make sure to print out and submit a Statement of Facts, REG 256, where you can explain that the stickers are replacements for a clean air vehicle – of which you were the original owner -- that had been totaled. Make sure to include the date of the collision.
This entry was posted in consumer affairs, DMV, driver education, fuel conservation, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply