Moving? Make sure to tell the DMV

Are you moving? Whether its from one neighborhood to another, one town to another or even out of the state or country, you must tell the Department of Motor Vehicles your new address. You can do this online to, clicking on the “Online Services” tab and selecting “Online Change of Address.” Simply enter your information and you’re done. If you do not have internet access, you can make the change by mail. Send the DMV a letter that contains your California license plate number and/or vehicle identification number and date of the move to DMV, P.O. Box 942869, MS C271, Sacramento, CA 94269-0001. Having your correct address information on file means the DMV can contact you about things such as registration fees. However, if you move out of state, the agency will amend its records so you won’t get a bill. Learn more about changing your address with the DMV online at
This entry was posted in consumer affairs, DMV, driver education, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply