Not too many changes to the Power Poll this week. Well, there was only one, in fact.
MVC lost to Alisal and Soquel continued to win, so the two teams switched. The Knights are now at No. 2 and MVC at No. 3.
Aptos’ top spot is all but secured atop the Power Poll for a second straight year. If they beat Harbor, they’ll finish No. 1 in the Power Poll and No. 1 in the SCCAL in back-to-back seasons.
1. APTOS (7-2, 5-0 SCCAL): In the last two games, the Mariners’ Alec Bonsall has caught five balls for 179 yards and three TDs. Last: 1. Next: at Harbor.
2. SOQUEL (7-2, 4-1 SCCAL): Knights RB Fabiano Hale is averaging 20.8 points per game this season. Last: 3. Next: at Santa Cruz.
3. MVC (7-2, 3-2 MBL-P): In the Mustangs’ two losses this season, they’ve been outscored by a combined total of 13 points. Last: 2. Next: vs. North Monterey County.
4. SCOTTS VALLEY (4-5, 3-2 SCCAL): Falcons RB Ari Wargon has recorded nine TDs in the last two games. Last: 4. Next: vs. St. Francis.
5. SAN LORENZO VALLEY (6-4, 3-3 SCCAL): In the last two games, Cougars WR Lucas Sinnott has caught 16 balls for 264 yards and a TD. Last: 5. Next: Idle.
6. WATSONVILLE (3-6, 1-4 MBL-P): In the last two games, QB Eddie Mares has thrown at least one completed pass to a total of eight different receivers. Last: 6. Next: vs. Pajaro Valley.
7. HARBOR (3-6, 1-4 SCCAL): Pirates RB Jaidon Taubman became the fourth different leading rusher for Harbor in as many games last week. Last: 7. Next: vs. Aptos.
8. PAJARO VALLEY (1-8, 0-5 MBL-P): Grizzlies sophomore RB John Mason rushed for a season-high in yards (89) and attempts (11) last week. Last: 8. Next: vs. Watsonville.
9. SANTA CRUZ (1-8, 1-4 SCCAL): Former Cardinals QB Alex Morris has either caught or received a combined four TDs in the last two weeks. Last: 9. Next: vs. Soquel.
10. ST. FRANCIS (2-7, 1-4 SCCAL): More than one-third of the Sharks’ total points this season have come in their last two games. Last: 10. Next: vs. Scotts Valley.
NOTE: The Power Poll is compiled by the Sentinel sports staff. It will appears every Friday during the regular season in the Santa Cruz Sentinel.