New week, new power poll.
Everything stays the same until you get to No. 7, where it gets a little crazy.
Both Harbor and Pajaro Valley moved up one spot, while St. Francis dropped to No. 10 after falling to Santa Cruz.
We still have two weeks to play, and I can assure you a lot of changes are still to come.
1. APTOS (6-2, 4-0 SCCAL): In their last two games, the Mariners have had two RBs who have each exceeded 100 yards rushing. Last: 1. Next: vs. SLV.
2. MVC (7-1, 3-1 MBL-P): Since losing to Seaside two weeks ago, the Mustangs have outscored their opponents by a 98-20 margin. Last: 2. Next: at Alisal.
3. SOQUEL (6-2, 3-1 SCCAL): RB Fabiano Hale set new school records for rushing touchdowns (26) and rushing yards (1,308) in a season last week. Last: 3. Next: vs. Harbor.
4. SCOTTS VALLEY (3-5, 2-2 SCCAL): Falcons RB Ari Wargon has combined for 270 yards and five TDs on 35 carries the last two weeks. Last: 4. Next: vs. Santa Cruz.
5. SAN LORENZO VALLEY (6-3, 3-2 SCCAL): QB Isaac Newberry threw for a season-high 254 yards on 15 of 27 passing last week, with 3 TDs and 2 INTs. Last: 5. Next: at Aptos.
6. WATSONVILLE (3-5, 1-3 MBL-P): WR Elijah Flores caught three balls for a season-high 85 yards last week. In the previous seven games, he caught a combined six balls for 71 yards. Last: 6. Next: vs. Seaside.
7. HARBOR (3-5, 1-3 SCCAL): QB Milo Small and WR Cody Sullivan both had season-high totals last week. Small threw for 234 yards on 15 of 35 passing, while Sullivan hauled in seven balls for 165 yards. Last: 8. Next: at Soquel.
8. PAJARO VALLEY (1-7, 0-4 MBL-P): With two games to play, Grizzlies RB Anthony Cantrell is 98 yards away from tying the single-season school rushing record. Last: 9. Next: at NMC.
9. SANTA CRUZ (1-7, 1-3 SCCAL): The Cardinals ran for a combined 321 yards last week, with no single rusher eclipsing 100 yards individually. Last: 10. Next: at Scotts Valley.
10. ST. FRANCIS (2-7, 1-4 SCCAL): The Sharks’ top two receivers last week, Nate Ceballos and John Angelo Pezzini, combined for four receptions but averaged 49.25 yards per catch. Last: 7. Next: Idle.
NOTE: The Power Poll is compiled by the Sentinel sports staff. It will appear every Friday during the regular season in the Santa Cruz Sentinel.