Here are your final power poll rankings for the 2011 season. Aptos remains in the top spot.
The only change in the poll was between Watsonville and Pajaro Valley, which settled the Belgard Kup in the waning moments last week. The Wildcatz beat PV, then took their spot at No. 7 on the list.
We may take a crack at a terribly early power poll for the 2012 season in the next few weeks. Expect Soquel to be near the top.
1. APTOS [9-1, 6-0 SCCAL]: The Mariners had already earned a share of the SCCAL title, but they won the league championship outright with a victory at Santa Cruz and finish in the No. 1 spot. Next: vs. St. Ignatius. Last: 1.
2. MVC [9-1, 4-1 MBL]: The Mustangs bounced back from their first loss of the season to defeat NMC, advance to the playoffs, claim a share of the MBL title and finish at No. 2. Next: vs. Half Moon Bay. Last: 2.
3. SCOTTS VALLEY [8-2, 5-1 SCCAL]: The Falcons had a bye last week, but their playoff berth and solid regular season is more than enough to keep them at the No. 3 position. Next: vs. Sacred Heart Prep. Last: 3.
4. SOQUEL [6-4, 4-2 SCCAL]: The Knights were the odd man out this season, falling shy of an automatic playoff berth. But they return plenty to a team that could be a preseason No. 1 pick in next years poll. Next: End of season. Last: 4.
5. SANTA CRUZ [6-4, 3-3 SCCAL]: The Cardinals dropped their last three games of the season to fall out of the running for a postseason spot. Next: End of season. Last: 5.
6. SAN LORENZO VALLEY [4-6, 2-4 SCCAL]: The Cougars will, no doubt, be looking to return to their usual dominant form next season after losing three of their last four games. Next: End of season. Last: 6.
7. WATSONVILLE [2-8, 1-5 MBL]: The Wildcatz are the only team to make a move this week, finishing at No. 7 after last weeks narrow victory against Pajaro Valley. Next: End of season. Last: 8.
8. PAJARO VALLEY [1-8-1, 0-6 MBL]: The Grizzlies, despite losing their last six games, played well enough at the end of the season to garner a spot as high as No. 7. Next: End of season. Last: 7.
9. HARBOR [2-8, 1-5 SCCAL]: The Pirates werent able to snap a four-game losing streak to close out the season, but they will return QB Garrett Fonseca to next years squad. Next: End of season. Last: 9.
10. ST. FRANCIS [2-8, 0-6 SCCAL]: The Sharks struggled by losing their last six games of the season. But they return QB Matt Clifton and RB Nate Ceballos next year. Next: End of season. Last: 10.
NOTE: The Power Poll is compiled by the Sentinel sports staff. It appears every Friday during the regular season.