If you have been following the Street Smarts blog this week, you’ll know that Ramona enrolled herself into a motorcycle safety course taught through Cabrillo Extension. Posted today are some pictures and a video depicting the importance of safety before any rider hits the road. That means making sure the rider is wearing the proper safety attire, including helmet, long sleeves, long and sturdy pants, boots or high tops and leather gloves with the fingers in. It also means makign sure the bike itself is ready to ride. Riders are taught to check the basics before hitting the road. Those items include the tires and wheels, clutch and brakes, as well as oil and fluids. Not doing so could mean the difference between getting from point A to point B or leaving your bike on the side of the road.
Contact Street Smarts
Subscribe by e-mail to the Street Smarts BlogEnter your email to subscribe to future updates
- How Should you Explain Video Conferencing on First of its kind distracted driving study released
- Marcia on May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
- kenith parker on Bike Week Festivities kick off today at the MAH
- Matt Larsen on Skateboard rules vary from town to town
- Bob Zimway on Proper driving etiquette when the road adds a travel lane