In the month of November, the Santa Cruz Sentinel website received 3,574,475 page views with 486,647 monthly unique visitors. In addition, Sentinel mobile apps received more than 700,000 page views.
The most-viewed story, about an employee who grabbed a robber’s gun, was helped by landing on the front page of fark.com. The second most popular story, Wallace Baine’s story from June of 2011 about Jay Moriarity, received attention from search traffic for Jay Moriarity as the movie “Chasing Mavericks” was released.
Other popular pages included the local election results page, which received more than 15,000 page views, the Sentinel online calendar (more than 90,000 views), and a nationally generated Victoria’s Secret slide show (63,000 views). The Sentinel’s media center, which features photos of interest updated daily from around the world, received more than 155,000 views.
Thanks to all for visiting. Here’s the list of most viewed stories.
- Employee of Santa Cruz business thwarts armed robber by grabbing his gun, police say
- On the 10th anniversary of the death of iconic surfer Jay Moriarity, his widow reflects
- Obama’s speech on Election Night: The full text
- Election Live Blog: Results and commentary on Bay Area, California and national races
- Whale skeleton fossils in Santa Cruz area draw gawkers
- Police: Ben Lomond man found lying in the middle of Ocean Street
- Surfer who died at Privates Beach identified
- Capitola Police: BMW chase suspect is wife of Soquel homicide victim
- Police arrest three in Friday night homicide near Depot Park
- Hundreds climb aboard for inaugural train ride up the coast; $14.2 million acquisition