The Sentinel website was viewed more than 3.9 million times in May of 2012, a new record for views in a month topping March of 2011 (when the tsunami swept through the harbor). We also had 511,785 unique visitors to the site. Below is a list of the most viewed pages for the past month. The murder of Shannon Collins on Broadway stunned the community. Reaction to the murder on our site included an outpouring of condolences for the family, and serious discussion of issues of safety facing Santa Cruz.
- Police call Monday’s stabbing of downtown Santa Cruz business owner ‘unprovoked’
- Live Oak woman stabbed to death on Broadway, SF man arrested
- San Jose high school students share name, share quote, share fame
- Alleged killer spent four nights at Homeless Services Center
- Man killed in shooting on Freedom Boulevard overpass at Highway 1
- Annular solar eclipse — a ‘ring of fire’ — visible in Northern California on Sunday
- Neighbor reports seeing man suspected in Monday’s killing on Broadway twice
- Shannon Collins Guest Book: sign their guest book, share your condolences
- City leaders, Homeless Services Center director announce new security proposals
- Feds say Scotts Valley man ran a $60 million investment fund scam
A few more notes about Sentinel mobile and social interaction – our news apps (free on iPhone and Google Play) received more than 500,000 page views up from 362,247 in April. Since launch in February, we’ve had 1.18 million page views and 7,200 downloads.
We had more than 33,000 views on Flickr, and more than 10,000 video views on YouTube. We also activated a Sentinel Instagram account and quickly added 430 followers. We’ve also just signed up with Viddy, looking forward to sharing.
Thanks to all for finding us online!