Successful staff training and the Community Media Lab
On late notice, we invited the Santa Cruz Community Media Lab bloggers to stop by our out-of-the-way office in Scotts Valley and have a discussion about blogging with anyone from the newsroom interested in attending.
It was a cool meeting. We occupied some space on the white board. We had coffee and one of our favorite bloggers brought cookies for us all. The publisher, Michael Turpin, whose new blog will be up and running next week, stopped in.
And we had a great bunch of CML bloggers:
- Jim Coffis from SLVnews.net
- Christine Candelaria from The Aums
- Elizabeth from Motherhood: A Descent Into Madness
- Mary Andersen from the SLV Chamber
- Angus McMahan from Angus-Land
- Vicki Wees from History Discussions: Santa Cruz Mountains and San Lorenzo Valley
After talking about community connections, possibilities for the CML, the Sentinel and its website, technical advice, parenting, and business models in the digital world, there was unanimous agreement that we would have more gatherings with more members of the Community Media Lab.
I like where this is going, and I have no idea where that is.
Thanks to all the 130 bloggers who are participating!
Here’s a short collection of tweets about Thursday’s meeting: